MILAN: Cristiano Ronaldo turn out to be concerned in a public row with Italy’s sports activities minister on Friday because the pair not directly accused one another of mendacity over whether or not the Portugal worldwide had damaged well being guidelines after testing constructive for COVID-19.
Vincenzo Spadafora mentioned on Thursday the Juventus ahead might need infringed the principles by flying again to Italy from nationwide group responsibility in Portugal after he examined constructive for the virus earlier this week.
But in a social media submit on Friday, Ronaldo hit again and mentioned he had completed the whole lot by the ebook.
“A gentlemen here in Italy, whose name I won’t mention, said I didn’t obey the protocol – that’s simply a lie,” mentioned Ronaldo in an Instagram submit from his Turin villa, the place he’s in quarantine and asymptomatic.
“I followed all the protocols and I will continue to follow them, my conscience is clear…. Everything I did was authorised.”
The 35-year-old Ronaldo examined constructive for COVID-19 on Tuesday whereas he was with the Portugal squad and flew again in a personal jet the next day.
“They said I broke Italian law and this and that… it’s all lies, I did everything properly,” he added. “We did everything the right way — leaving the (Portugal) team, in the air ambulance, arriving in Turin… I did not have contact with anyone.”
Spadafora later replied in an interview with the Italian information company Ansa.
“The fame and skill of certain players does not entitle them to be arrogant, disrespectful to the institutions and to lie,” he mentioned.
“On the contrary, the more well known you are, the more you should feel the responsibility of thinking before speaking and setting a good example.
“I’m not going to continue with this matter forever,” he added. “I’m not talking about it again and I repeat my wish that everyone who has tested positive recovers quickly.”
(Writing by Brian Homewood; Editing by Ken Ferris)