Tuesday, March 2, 2021
No menu items!

“119 High Schools In Tea Garden Areas”: BJP Promise For 2021 Assam Polls

Must Read

Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Hulu Limited Series Dopesick’

Los Angeles, Dec 15: “Your Honor” actor Michael Stuhlbarg has boarded the forged of Michael Keaton-led Hulu restricted...

Bengal Speaker Rejects Suvendu Adhikari’s Resignation, Says It Flouts Rules of House

File photograph of former TMC chief Suvendu Adhikari"Unless and until I am satisfied that the resignation is voluntary...

COVID-19 | Russia signs more deals with India to make 300mn Sputnik V vaccines

“In India, we have agreements with four large manufacturers,” Dmitriev, the pinnacle of the Russian Direct Investment Fund...

[ad_1]

'119 High Schools In Tea Garden Areas': BJP Promise For 2021 Assam Polls

Assam additionally determined to order 10% seats in authorities faculties in tea backyard belts(Representational)

Guwahati:

The Bharatiya Janata Party has reached out to the sizeable tea tribe neighborhood of Assam with the promise of creating academic infrastructure in tea gardens, forward of subsequent 12 months’s meeting election.

Addressing the social gathering’s tea tribe wing assembly in Jorhat, Assam cupboard minister Himanta Biswa Sarma at present stated that it’s time to acknowledge the tea tribe as “proud Assamese”.

“On 1st and 2nd November across Assam, we will start the construction of 119 high school buildings in tea garden areas. This has been a long-standing demand of the tea tribe community and we will fulfill it,” he stated.

“Each school would cost around Rs 1.50 crore and in total, the state government would be spending Rs 300 crores on this project. We want to empower the tea tribe,” Mr Sarma added.

The state authorities has additionally determined to order 10 per cent seats in authorities faculties in tea backyard belts of the state, he stated.

“It felt bad to see that after over 70 years of Independence, inside the tea gardens, in the labour lines, there were no roads, no high schools. Women folk did not have bank accounts. Now over 7 lakhs tea garden workers have been brought under financial inclusion through Jan Dhan accounts,” he stated.

He additionally took a swipe on the Muslim neighborhood with out naming it, saying divisions in Assamese society on caste and neighborhood traces have supplied a possibility for the political, social and cultural growth of a neighborhood that now makes for 35 per cent of Assam’s inhabitants.

The Muslims make 35 per cent of Assam’s inhabitants. Mr Sarma, in his public assembly, has been urging the remainder 65 per cent folks to unite.

Elections to the state meeting are due in April, 2021.

[ad_2]

Source link

Latest News

Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Hulu Limited Series Dopesick’

Los Angeles, Dec 15: “Your Honor” actor Michael Stuhlbarg has boarded the forged of Michael Keaton-led Hulu restricted...

More Articles Like This